What is change-focused counselling?
Change-focused counselling helps people take active steps to resolve problems such as:
- low self-esteem or self-confidence
- being ‘stuck’ with problems that seem impossible to resolve
- coming to terms with change
- understanding what ‘makes you tick’
- exploring worries about mortality and the ‘meaning of life’
- learning new ‘skills for life’, such as assertiveness or time and stress-management
- identifying unhelpful or damaging patterns of behaviour and implementing more positive ones, such as anger management techniques.
Change–focused counselling believes that we are most successful at changing our situation – how we feel or think, or how we behave – when we take active steps to change it, rather than wait for things to change on their own.
Counselling with me will help you do that. Click here to contact me today.
How long does change-focused counselling take to work?
There’s no simple answer to this question, because every individual is unique and so is every problem or issue that comes along. Some problems can be resolved in only 5 or 6 sessions, whilst others – more deep-rooted or complex – may take much longer.
It can sometimes be useful to split the counselling work into blocks, with gaps of a few weeks or months in-between to allow your new skills or self-awareness to sink in and become part of your life.
Counselling can be hard work, because it means facing up to change – in your thoughts, feelings or behaviours – and that can be a difficult process to go through. But it can also be an incredibly positive, inspiring and life-changing experience.